Today marks the 10th anniversary since I officially threw my hat into Transformers Fandom ring. Online and writing fanfic that is. I’ve been a fan since the pilot episode aired in 1984, but 10 years ago, today, I posted the first ‘chapter’ of Catalyst
. It was initially only a one-shot, but my roomie at the time, the ever awesome ShrinkingDani702 , and readers on ffnet begged for more, and I was all for that.
I meant to have fic for today, but sadly, the muse still isn’t with me and writing and creativity remain at a frustrating low. Such is life, but I can and will reminisce real quick here.
Through my fics, I’ve had the damn pleasure and honor of befriending some epic people. Juujinkan remains my first interbutts friend. The twin, LB82, came very quickly after. NKfloofiepoof was an acquaintance at first and I loved her ficcage, now I don’t think I could go a day without pestering her. My life wouldn’t be the same at all without WanderingPraxian. Shout out to the Shipping Yard too, because I love you guys even if I haven’t had the time or energy to drape myself over y’all as much as I’d like of late.
I could wax so much sappier, and there are FAR more people here who mean the world to me than just those few mentions, but RL intrudes, and I know if I don’t post this now, I’ll forget and I don’t want that because ten frickin’ years is a big deal to me.
And since I’m celebrating me and my writing today, here’s my Ao3
, and here’s a list of some of my favorite fics.Crackalackalicious
-(which I WILL finish one of these days)The Last
- Which I love and bled all over the pages for.Bent, But Not Broken
- The fic my brother read and hasn’t stopped calling me the next Stephen King because of. LOL! I really stepped out of my box at the time of writing this one, and I am damn proud of it.Down a Notch… Or Eight
- Baby’s First Megatron/Optimus. Baby’s first slave ficcy too. Heheh!There’s No Such Thing As Monsters
- Old writing, but I really still like this one. I made a friend at the time and LB82 each give me a character without knowing who the other chose with the challenge of I’d write smut for them regardless of who they were. Oddly enough, I got so into the plot, I almost didn’t write smut! ALMOST. LOL!True Colors
- I was and remain just DAMN PROUD of this story. It was the first fic I wrote for a word count, thus a challenge, and in one of my favorite genres- action/adventure. It was also me railing against the (at the time) prevalent fanon of Bluestreak being an incapable woob crybaby.Late to the Party
- This one was just fun. I don’t do crossover stuff much, and this was for the old, anonymous Competition_Fun writing challenge comm wanderingpraxian and I used to run on LJ. The idea struck and stuck. So if you dig watching the TFs face Aliens, then have a read.
And last, I’ll leave you with the fic that started my Skywarp is afraid of Squirrels running gag, which is also part of the fic series which started it all ten years ago - Squirrels!
Thank you all so much. My life wouldn’t be the same without my writing, without my friends, and without my fandom. Here’s to tens of more tens of years doing the crazy shit I love with the people I love. <3xposted from Tumblr